What Is Toughened Glass?
Toughened glass, also called tempered or safety glass, is a special glass that does not break easily. If it gets damaged by force, it breaks into tiny pieces less harmful than the sharp-edged shards from shattered ordinary glass.
Tempered glass is produced by subjecting ordinary glass to specific thermal and chemical treatments. This process increases the glass’s strength and stability, making
it is four to five times more durable than regular glass of the same size and thickness.
In residential and commercial interior design using tempered or safety glass has
become popular and widespread in many areas of modern India. There are several
reasons for this popularity, and a lot has to do with the glass’ versatility, durability, and the existing aesthetic attributes of the material. These properties result in lots of applications requiring the use of toughened glass.
The good qualities of toughened glass have made it a popular choice among homeowners and businessmen looking for materials that offer strength and transparency in certain areas of their properties.
What Are The Uses of Toughened or Tempered Glass?
Take note of the following:
- Frameless office glass doors are fabricated out of safety glass. These are cut in the right sizes, and all the bolts and nuts holes have been drilled before installation, as no modifications can be made after production.
- The kitchen shutters, which define your kitchen cabinets’ external look, also use safety glass. They accentuate the style of your modular kitchen and reflect and provide visibility on the cabinets’ interior.
- In the bedroom, tempered glass also provides safety and great function to your glass sliding wardrobe, which is why designers greatly recommend them.
- Partitioning systems in homes, offices, and commercial and industrial edifices offers many benefits to residents and workers alike.
- Table tops for showrooms, outdoor furniture, and railings for staircases should
use safety glass.
6, Many modern offices have tempered glass facades that make them visually striking. They also maximise the use of natural light, which considerably reduces energy use.
- Glass lifts are not new; they’ve been around for many years. However, you can
feel safer today thanks to tempered glass.
- Shop Windows with tempered glass offer increased visibility because of additional natural light is coming in. Thieves will also find them hard to break in.
Therefore the uses of toughened glass are numerous, and they are demanded for every application. If you need tempered glass for any project that is coming up, VMS Tradelink offers a full range of glass products that we can tailor to your requirements. Please don’t hesitate to contact the team at VMS today whether you need more information or want to purchase. We will be delighted to hear from you and give you our best customer service. Our customer care service professionals are very sweet and patient; they can listen to you for a long time and will answer all your queries. If, by chance, they cannot answer, which rarely happens, they’ll even put you on a call
with the people who do the job onsite.