Is your kitchen up for redesign or renovation? If so, you must already be thinking about the best material to use for your kitchen shutters and cabinets. It is a well-known fact that the kitchen should be functional and a stunning masterpiece. For this purpose, you can use either wood or aluminum material. These are the two options you can choose from.
Aluminum is trending today as a kitchen shutter or cabinet material widely used in homes, restaurants, and cafes. However, if your mind is set on using aluminum, it is essential that you first know the advantages and disadvantages of this metal before you finally decide on anything.
First of all, what is an aluminum kitchen cabinet? As the name implies, it is a kitchen cabinet made from aluminum, a lightweight
and pleasant-looking metal that has become the popular choice for kitchen cabinetry. Aluminum kitchen cupboards are in high demand for home and kitchen renovation projects precisely because of their smooth and shiny finish and other advantages over wood.
Pros of Aluminum Kitchen Cabinets
Aluminum is a safe and durable alternative to wooden cabinets, and here are some advantages.
- Aluminum is durable and easy to maintain. It is hard-wearing and can withstand pressure, wear, or damage. Their surface is smooth and sealed – air, liquid, and other materials cannot move through it. When aluminum gets dirty, cleaning it is a breeze – with only a simple cloth to wipe away the dirt, even if you do not use a cleaning agent.
- Aluminum is tolerant to heat and humidity. It is a stable metal and is not least affected by any temperature, heat, and humidity change.
- Aluminum is fire resistant. In the kitchen, safety should be foremost in mind. Aluminum shutter for kitchen and other cabinets has metallic properties that can withstand high temperatures, so they will not readily catch fire.
- Aluminum is versatile. It can adapt or be adapted to many different forms or look. Do not believe people’s common misconceptions that aluminum has only a singular form. This opinion must be corrected based on their wrong understanding of aluminum. With this metal, you can customise your kitchen with different colours, and give you several great options.
- Aluminum is waterproof. You need not worry about spills on your modular kitchen shutters or cabinet tops. As mentioned above, aluminum is non-porous; nothing will get absorbed because you can wipe the spill off.
- Aluminum is resistant to pests. Ants, cockroaches, and other insects that feed on spills in the kitchen cannot thrive on aluminum surfaces because there are no cracks and crevices for them to work their way into.
Cons of Aluminum Kitchen Cabinets
Many homeowners do not like aluminum cabinets for their kitchens because of these disadvantages.
- Aluminum can make significant noise when hit with weight. A professional installer should install this properly, making the cabinet almost noiseless.
- Aluminum is not resistant to scratches and can be damaged with too much force or when kicked in the wrong direction. Some scrapes may be solved by repainting; however, significant damages may require the replacement of modular kitchen shutters.
- Aluminum is more expensive than any other material.
You will find this fact true if you check the aluminum kitchen cabinet price. However, it can be worthwhile to invest in aluminum because it can give rewarding results if adequately taken care of and maintained.
You don’t have to search too far if you need help with aluminum kitchen cabinet designs. VMS Trade Link is a reputable supplier of aluminum kitchen shutters and cabinets. We are very particular in the selection of materials because it is the key to long-lasting kitchen cabinets. VMS Trade Link uses only high-quality aluminum with standard strength and thickness; most of all, we take pride in the quality of our work.
For your kitchen cabinet needs, get in touch with us today. We have a design team who will be delighted to provide assistance and offer you the best designs for your home or restaurant business.