We all know what glass is, and we all know some of its uses. However, only some know the role of glass in house design and the latest trends in home interior design.
Glass is synonymous with being elegantly modern because of its intricacy of texture, the quality of fineness, and the beauty and delicate appearance. When used in construction, as part of a house, or with glass design furniture, glass makes the room look and feel luxurious.
What is glass in interior design? Glass has varying colours, reflections, textures, and transmissions. They offer unlimited opportunities to interior designers, as they can be cut in many different shapes and sizes for interior designs that match your preferences. That is why you can find glass in almost every home, office, or structure.
For glass to be effective in interior design you should know the design trends. Here are some of them.
* Interior backsplash design for kitchen. A glass backsplash is a glass surface covering certain parts of the kitchen or bathroom wall to prevent the accumulation of stains and messes. This improves the aesthetics of your kitchen or bathroom.
* Glass countertops. This is a highly design trend in glass that you could use in just about anywhere – bathrooms, kitchens, and even bedrooms. They are so versatile that you would find it easier to do housework with them.
* One multi-functional unit that can serve both as a display and storage unit is the glass cabinets. You can show off your delicate chinaware or some valuable cutlery to display ostentatiously in front of your guests.
* Sliding glass walls and doors are the glass trends that are most loved today. Glass walls can make any house or office space look modern, bigger, and brighter.
If your wall is facing a wonderful garden, this is an option worth considering.
* Using mirrors is another popular way of creating a sense of space. They can be placed at the back of cabinetry, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, in your bedroom, and where space allows.
There are many benefits of using glass in interior design.
1. Glass allows natural light to enter, enhancing the room’s appeal and overall allure.
2. Glass enhances the look of your living space. There is an illusion of space, so a room may appear more spacious than it is.
3. Besides looking and feeling elegant, glass improves visual aesthetics multiple times, resulting in your space seeming more luxurious, and catching visitors’ attention.
4. Glass interior is easy to clean and maintain because it is relatively dust- and waterproof.
Interior designers and architects use many types of glass in their interior design projects, including patterned glass, tinted glass, and clear glass. The fluted glass partition offers texture to the living spaces, simultaneously diffusing light and allowing secrecy and solitude. Reeded glass is also called fluted glass, and ribbed glass. It is a decorative patterned glass that allows light to pass through it but is redirected, so you will not be able to know what exactly is on the other side. This type of glass adds an element of privacy.
Are you looking for any glass for your construction project? You need not look elsewhere. VMS Trading can supply you with the glass that you need. If you contact and speak to one of our staff. They are famous for their kind demeanour and gentle nature. VMS Trade Link is a good firm, you can contact their designers for new ideas. We use only the best products for its manufacturing. Just hand over your project to us and you will see the results.